Yes! It is possible to change the country of your Google AdSense account, but subject to certain conditions and requirements, such as verifying your new address and providing additional documentation to verify your identity.
Changing the country of your Google AdSense account can be necessary if you’ve moved to a new location or want to target a different audience with your ads. However, changing your account country in AdSense is not always straightforward, as it involves updating your personal information and verifying your new address. In this guide, I’ll walk you through the steps to change the country of your Google AdSense account and provide some tips to ensure a smooth transition.
Whether moving to a new country or expanding your business globally, this guide will help you update your AdSense account to reflect your new location. It’s not uncommon for people to relocate to different countries for study, work, or personal reasons. In some cases, these moves may require a change in payment preferences for online platforms such as YouTube and AdSense. For instance, you might have created a YouTube channel and AdSense account while studying abroad, and now that you’ve moved to the USA or another country, you would prefer to receive payments in the new currency.
If you’re in a similar situation, you may wonder how to change your AdSense country to reflect your new location. In this guide, I’ll provide tips on updating your AdSense account with a new country and payment settings.How to Change the Country of Your Google AdSense Account Click To Tweet
Does AdSense Allow Changing the Country of the AdSense Account?
Yes, according to Google AdSense. AdSense allows changing the country of the AdSense account, but the process is subject to certain conditions and requirements. If you’ve moved to a new country or want to target a different audience with your ads, you can change your account country in AdSense by updating your personal information and verifying your new address. However, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
1. You can only change your account country once every 12 months. This is to prevent abuse and ensure that your account complies with AdSense policies.
2. If you’ve already received payments from AdSense, you’ll need to close your existing account and create a new one in the new country. This means you’ll lose any unpaid earnings and account history associated with your old account.
3. You may be required to provide additional documentation to verify your identity and address if you’re changing your account country to a different country than your current one.
4. Your account settings and payment options may be different in the new country, so it’s essential to review them carefully before making the switch.
In short, changing your AdSense account country is possible but requires careful consideration and planning to avoid disruptions to your account or earnings.
How to Change the Country of Your Google AdSense Account
If you have understood the tedious process of changing your AdSense account’s country and are ready, you must follow these steps.
- Log in to your AdSense account.
- Click Payments >Payments info.
- Click Manage Settings.
- In the “Payments profile” section, click next to “Name and address.”
- Enter your desired payments name.
- Update your payment address in the “Address” fields by entering the new address information.
- Click Save.
- Google will verify the new address by sending a verification PIN to the new address you provided. Once you receive the PIN, enter it into your AdSense account to confirm the new address.
- Once your new address is verified, your account country will be updated.
Note: You may be required to provide additional documentation to verify your identity and address if you are changing your account country to a different country than your current one.
Tip: Make sure your AdSense payment is not on hold and you have withdrawn your earlier payment to your old country bank account.
Changing your account country in AdSense is possible but subject to certain conditions and requirements, such as verifying your new address and providing additional documentation to verify your identity. And changing your AdSense country will erase your payment history, and you can only access the payments of your new country profile. Make sure you download any records of your payment history that you wish to store. However, any remaining balance will be paid out through your old country profile. After you change your country, you’ll need to accept new Terms and Conditions when you next sign in to your AdSense account.
If you follow the steps outlined in this guide, you can successfully change your AdSense account country and continue earning revenue from your content no matter where you are located in the world.
You can also read these to get the best out of your AdSense account
- How to Fix Ad Serving Limits on AdSense
- 6 Verified Ways to Increase AdSense CPC and Boost your Earning
- How to Appeal an AdSense Ban for Invalid Traffic
- How to Prevent Your AdSense Account from Getting Banned
Have you changed your AdSense country before? What is the experience like? Let me know in the comment section, and if you enjoy this article, kindly share it with your friends on social media.