By now I guess you know how to create a Facebook page for your brands and businesses as well as posting contents on the Facebook page. Today I will take you through how to boost posts on Facebook to create more awareness and engagement for your brand. Boosting your Facebook post allows it to show up in the News Feeds of people who are not your followers yet, this will make you reach potential new customers with your post.
You can update your Facebook page with a picture of events, offer, images or video but it is necessary to “boost” your post in order to increase awareness and engagement with your audience. You stand a better chance of reaching millions of people who are your target audience when you boost your Facebook posts. Boosted posts appear higher in Facebook News Feeds both on desktop and mobile. So, there’s a better chance you can reach your target audience easily. A boosted post is called a sponsored post which is the reason SPONSORED label is always attached to the top of such post.
Though, content you post to your Facebook page will still appear in Newsfeeds even without boosting it. But boosting such post simply helps to extend your reach and allow people you target to engage with your posts as quickly as possible.
But wait! What’s “Posts Boosting”
Posts Boosting is a way of Advertising brands, products or services on Facebook or any other advertising platforms, it allows companies to choose a post and have it distributed in the News Feed to anyone they want, based on interests, age, demographics, etc.
How To Boost Posts On Facebook
In this post, I’m going to explain in details what you need to do to maximize the effectiveness of boost posts on Facebook.
Put Your Objective In Place
Before boosting any post on Facebook, you need to have a clear understanding of what you intend to achieve with the post. Facebook is full of many unproductive posts; yours should be able to get you a result. There are many reasons people promote posts on Facebook, such reasons may include:
- Boosting website traffic
- Increasing brand awareness
- Increasing brand engagement (Shares, Comments, Likes)
- Promoting new content or blog posts
Different companies promote their posts on Facebook for different reasons. So, it is very important to have a specific goal in place before boosting a post on Facebook to the delivery of your money.
Choosing a post button also known as called to action is another thing to do when boosting a post as this will tell your audience what action you expect them to take. One of the easiest ways to communicate the action you want your audience to take is through the call to action. The button appears in the right-hand corner under your ad. Actually, this call to action button is optional but it is beneficial you make use of it because it allows your audience to know what exactly to do next with your post.
You can choose any of the following buttons that align with the action you want your audience to take when boosting content on your Facebook Page.
- BOOK NOW: This button is suitable when you want your audience to book an appointment with you or to book for seat reservation for your upcoming events.
- SHOP NOW: You can choose this button if you are running an online store and you want your audience to buy the products you are advertising on Facebook from your website.
- SIGN UP: This button is very good when you expect your audience to sign up to your email lists, register for your online courses or programs on your website.
- LEARN MORE: This button is suitable when you want your audience to learn more about your brand, product or service on your website
- SEND MESSAGE: This button allows your customers to send you a message directly to your Facebook messenger inbox without any hassle. This type of button is good when you desire your customers to send you messages.
- SEND WHATSAPP MESSAGE: This button opens up a conversation thread in the WhatsApp Business App. The Whatsapp message button allows customers to connect with your business on WhatsApp after clicking the button on your ad.
- GET DIRECTIONS: This type of button will allow Customers who wish to visit your business to simply tap on the button and it will automatically launch maps app on their phone and show directions from their location to your business office.
- CALL NOW: The Call Now button appears at the bottom right corner of on users’ News Feeds on the Facebook mobile app. It enables customers to tap on the button and their phone will automatically call your business through the number you supply while setting up your ad.
Facebook ad buttons make it easy to create awareness and the actions you want your audience to take when coming across your ad in their newsfeed.
Target The Right Audience
Once you’ve chosen the right button for your post the next thing to do is to target your ads to the right audience. Targeting your ad to the right audience gives you the advantage to reach the actual people your ads meant for. For you to maximize the effectiveness of your ad, you must define who you’re targeting. When boosting your post you can target your ads to any of the following.
- People you choose through targeting: This will allow you to choose the location of your target audience, their gender, age-range and their interest.
- People who like your Page: You can target your ads to the audiences who have liked your Facebook page before.
- People who like your Page and their friends: You can as well target your ads to people who liked your post previously and their entire Facebook friends.
II. LOCATION: You can target your ads to entire people living in a particular area, such as the state of a particular country, a certain country or continent as a whole.
III. AGE: You can as well select the age group of people you want to reach out to with your ads.
IV. GENDER: You can choose to target a particular gender with your post. For instance, you can choose ‘female” gender as your target when promoting a product meant for women alone.
V. INTEREST: This gives you an edge in choosing the people who share the same interest in your products or have purchase products related to your own before.
Choose Your Budget
Once you target your ads to a wide range of audiences, you need to choose your budget. This implies you need to choose the maximum amount you want to spend on a particular ad. Your budget will determine how many people your ad will like reach but be rest assured Facebook won’t charge you more than what you specified in your budget for each ad. Once you’ve chosen your budget, you will need to input your credit card or pay pal details from which account your budget will be deducted.
You also need to choose how long you would like your boost to run. You can choose from the pre-defined time range or select your own time range by using the calendar icon on the page. Once you choose your time range, Facebook will break your budget down by dividing your budget with your time range, which will determine how much you budgeted for the ad per day.
Use Facebook Pixel
If you want to track how your audiences interact with your website then you need to choose a Facebook pixel from the option when boosting your post. Though, the Facebook pixel can only be done on a desktop computer, not through a mobile device.
Wondering what is Facebook pixel?
Facebook pixel is a small piece of code from Facebook that you can add to your website. Once added, Facebook can start to collect information about the actions people take on your website, including visiting a specific product page or purchasing an item. All that information can help you build better audiences.
Using High Quality Image Or Video
I have to state this clearly, you need to choose high-quality images or videos for your post to increase its effectiveness. The quality of your post images and videos will determine how users engage with it; remember people will first see you before knowing you. So, you need to pick eye-catching and appealing images and videos for your post every time.
Find The Best Time To Boost A Post
Time of day is another great factor to consider when boosting a post. If you’ve been actively running Facebook ads before, you should be familiar with times and days your audiences are online. But if you are yet to determine when your audiences are online, you can boost your posts at a different time of the week to know the active time of your target audience. Once you are able to figure out the active time of your audience, you should be boosting your posts at that particular time to increase audience engagement.
Boosting your posts on Facebook is a sure way to improve your brand visibility and get across to targeted audiences. But before boosting any posts on Facebook ensure you effectively have an objective for the post, use the right button, target the right audience and use the high-quality image on the post.
Your post needs to be boosted to get more engagement from your targeted audiences. What are you still waiting for? You may not need to use any other social media again to engage your audience if you properly boost your contents on Facebook. You may like to see a tip added to the list above or have questions about any of these tips. Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.